Building off of the foundation of Danner’s legendary Quarry work boot, they modernized the construction method to reduce weight and improve fit. They replaced the steel shank, heavy-duty midsole, and lasting board with a single, integrated Bi-Fit shank system. This new platform provides support and protection underfoot while offering cushioning and stability throughout the heel and flexibility in the forefoot. Built for rough, outdoor work conditions, the Gritstone lives up to the durability standards deserving of the Danner name.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper: To ensure its quality, we put our leather through nine different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- Danner Dry: 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Triple Stitched: Hyper-strong thread is used to triple stitch our toughest boots.
- Dual Purpose Hardware: Offers speed or hook lacing to meet your personal requirements.
- Alloy Toe (Toe Protection): Danner’s alloy toe meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11M I/75 C/75 EH standards and ASTM F2413-11 F I/75 C/75 EH.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection: Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- Oil and slip resistant: Danner’s oil- and slip-resistant outsoles have been certified to meet OSHA safety standards.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed: Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Bi-Fit Board: By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece, Danner was able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- Vibram® Gritstone Outsole: Features oil and slip resistance for superior traction and debris release.
- Stitchdown Construction: Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, Danner’s legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of their stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- Recraftable: Extend the life of your boot with Danner’s recrafting services. Please note, Danner is unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of their lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages
- Weight: 64 oz. per pair.
- Height: 8 inches.
A Danner boot is a mark of unwavering quality. It has been since 1932 and will be for years to come.